If you’re wondering where to go on your next vacation, why not opt for one of the exciting Alaska cruise deals? With seven or ten-day itineraries, you’ll witness sceneries and wildlife like you’ve probably never seen before.
So grab your calendar and pick any time between May and late September when the weather is simply fabulous. For your traveling convenience, embarkation ports for these Alaska cruise deals are located throughout the western United States and Canada. These include San Francisco, Seattle and Vancouver. Other Alaska cruises depart from Seward, Juneau and Whittier.
On your ship you’ll be treated like a celebrity. You’ll dine on world class cuisine, be presented with Las Vegas style shows and you’ll be pampered beyond your wildest dreams.
If you’re on a mid-size liner chances are you’ll dock in Haines. It offers unparalleled views of enormous glaciers. You’ll have the opportunity to see bald eagles as they hone in to catch their prey. After all, this is “the valley of the eagles.”
Upon arriving to Juneau, prepare to see the magnificent Mendenhall Glacier. View the astounding humpback whales as they frolic in the water. And if your ship offers boat excursions to Funter Bay and Russell Island, don’t think about it twice. You’ll go into Glacier Bay National Park and observe hundreds of sea lions along the coast.
With Alaska cruise deals, your vessel navigates on to Ketchikan where you’ll need to get your walking shoes ready. Hike up Deer Mountain or book a fishing trip. In “the salmon capital of the world” you’ll have a chance to catch your own dinner. The ship’s chef will be glad to prepare it for you. You may also spend the day browsing through galleries, learning to make a totem pole or shopping at quaint boutiques.
Docking into Sitka Alaska’s contemporary port you’ll notice a change in scenery. Tour St. Michael’s Cathedral residence of the Russian bishops, sample hand-made delights at the chocolate factory or join an expedition to Tongas National Park home to Mount Edgecumbe, a dormant volcano.
Skagway is a popular spot of Alaska cruise deals. In this charming town you can take in a show recreating events from the days of the gold rush. Grab a drink at an old fashioned tavern and listen to the tales of yesteryear.
Most Alaska cruise deals now include the Icy Straits. They’re ideal for hiking through the woodlands, getting up and close with the Tinglit Indians and purchasing locally made products.
No matter which one of the Alaska cruise deals you take, you’ll create memories for a life time.
More about Alaska
▪ Experience the tastes and smells of an Alaska salmon bake.
▪ Explore the wonderful floral display of Butchart Gardens.
▪ Fish the pristine waters of Ketchikan for King Salmon, Halibut and more.
▪ Ride Mt. Roberts Tramway and climb high above Juneau to take in the landscape.
▪ See an Orca Whale in its natural environment.
▪ See Hubbard Glacier, a 300 foot wall of sheer, jagged ice rising from the ocean.
▪ Travel back in time to the Klondike Gold Rush on the Yukon Railway.
▪ Visit Mendenhall Glacier and the 16.9 million acre Tongass National Forest.
▪ Visit the world famous Red Dog Saloon for a taste of Alaskan history.
▪ Watch for glacier calving as giant chunks of ice majestically fall to the ocean.