Embark on a cruise to the Panama Canal and you’ll witness a brilliant feat of engineering that took four hundred years to complete. As you pass through the locks and your ship is lifted 90 feet above sea level you’ll think it’s an act of magic. And as you sail on you’ll agree that it’s one of the most magnificent regions to visit in the world.
With the Panama Canal cruise deals you can choose any of the sailings that leave from Miami, Fort Lauderdale, New York or Tampa. You may also depart from San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle or Valparaiso, Chile. With Panama Canal cruise deals you can enjoy a ten or fifteen-day getaway or an odyssey that lasts up to twenty-two days.
Many cruise companies have added exciting ports of call to the Panama Canal routes. You may choose Panama Canal cruise deals that allow you time to discover the Caribbean, the Mexican Riviera, Central or South America. Choose a voyage between September and April keeping in mind that Panama experiences less rain between December and March.
With time in between destinations you’ll have the chance to relax and enjoy your vessel, to indulge in exotic spa treatments and dine on fabulous gastronomies. Take in the scenery from deck or by the pool. Bet on your good luck at the casino, see a Las Vegas show extravaganza, watch a movie under the stars, sip champagne at a lounge or dance the night away at the disco.
Upon your arrival in the Panama Canal, you’ll begin to see it as more than just a connection between the two oceans. You’ll be astounded in the manner by which your ship is handled as it makes passage through the Gatun Locks. Your tour guide will point out to Gaillard Cut which impressively links the Atlantic Ocean to the Gulf and the Pacific Ocean. What will amaze you is the fact that this man-made path was carved out from a mountain.
Explore Portobello National Forest filled with 16th and 17th century Spanish forts.
Visit Fuerte Amador and purchase the traditional Panama hat.
Hop on a boat or plane to San Blas and tour Cuna Indian villages.
Shop at Colon’s 1,600 duty-free vendors. Take a guided excursion through the city and journey back in time while in Old Panama.
Panama Canal cruise deals are the gateway to a world of wonders.
▪ Explore one of Panama’s hottest spots, the Chiriqui Province.
▪ Explore Portobelo National Park’s magnificent lagoons, colorful reefs and beautiful beaches.
▪ Explore the depths of Panama City’s Metropolitan Park, the only rainforest located in a city.
▪ Hike to the summit of Boquete’s amazing Baru Volcano.
▪ Scuba dive off the picturesque shores of Corba National Park.
▪ Shop in Colon for the best duty-free shopping opportunities in the world.
▪ Taste the best Panamanian coffee while on a coffee plantation tour in Boquete.
▪ Tour the engineering masterpiece of the Panama Canal.
▪ Visit the Casco Viejo District of Panama City and see historical buildings dating back over 300 years.